[fvc-wat-disc] Total ballots ...'wasted' votes

John Cooper johnco at golden.net
Mon Feb 27 23:48:21 EST 2017

Hi Stu

So based on your argument, all votes must elect the winner or none are of any value.

The fact is that only one candidate can be elected.

Why bother to have more than one political party and more than one candidate?

Or as George Washington proposed: no political parties.

Maybe the “make every vote count" phrase is the ‘wrong choice’?

Maybe our way of selecting our political leaders by votes is all wrong.

Is there another way?

Is it possible to have consensus when thousands of people are selecting a representative?

Based on voter intentions and the results in the last election, more people are opposed to ‘first past the post’ than those who support it.

Trudeau and the Liberals have chosen to ignore this for their own purposes.

I'm from the older generation too.

There are many of ‘our generation’ who do not vote because they never did or they have become too cynical.