[fvc-wat-disc] And to be sure you all see, and share, this one!

John Cooper johnco at Golden.net
Sat Sep 15 15:44:17 EDT 2018

You folks don’t understand what Ford and his acolytes are intending to – and will - do.

He will not accept any changes to his plan or legislation. This weekend he’s passing legislation to limit debate or remove it completely. He’s a dictator.

If necessary he will fight in the courts until he wins because he is so obsessed with controlling the City and imposing his ideas on the council.

If he can find or make a law to allow him to appoint all of the councillors and Mayor, he will.

If the election does not proceed as he demands, because the City Clerk says there is insufficient time to hold a fair election etc, he will take full control of all city operations. And the Cons have the people to do it.

They have been working on this since they won the election – if not before. Really, you have no idea how this guy thinks.

If necessary, he will suspend the Legislature, and pass legislation through the Cabinet.

(One might think that at some point the Lt Gov might ‘step in’ and refuse to sign Bills. That would create a constitutional crises!)

This yahoo has the support of his caucus, Mike Harris, Federal Conservatives, and all of the lunatic neo-cons.

The names of the present legislation are reminiscent of the ‘Common /Sense Revolution’ years.

This is their chance to get what hey want.

It’s a test for 2019 federal election. All they need is 33% of the vote to win Parliament.

On this site, I’ve written many times: the Liberals and the Conservative do NOT want any form of Proportional Representation. They are happy with the FPP.

Trudeau has stated that.

You need to convince as many Liberal supporters as possible to vote NDP. Any votes for the Greens are going to be Liberal voters.

For the next 8 months, concentrate your efforts and words on only that effort. Otherwise, you are ‘spinning your wheels’.

John Cooper

Waterloo