[fvc-wat-disc] agenda for Wednesday's meeting

Mary Jackes mkj at bell.net
Tue Nov 24 16:26:27 EST 2020

Hi Anita,

There have been some changes in the CoC, and so things have been a bit
upside down for a year or more.  You perhaps heard from Christina and
Ravi. At the moment there is no permanent ED - I'm glad they responded.
The national AGM is indeed in June. At the moment there is some work
going on regarding the role of chapters, so things are a bit up in the
air. And the number of staff is reduced.

Nationally, there is particular emphasis on things like the fisheries on
the east coast, pipe lines in the west, indigenous issues, especially.
Water and so on.  Various issues immediately impacting the east, the
west, the north. Ford govt things in Ontario.

The chair of the board, John Cartwright, was speaking to us as a
regional members meeting, so the idea is that this would be an
Ontario/Quebec initiative. At the regional meeting several people spoke
about the provincial govt. re municipal ranked balloting.

Certainly, KW has several FVC and CoC cross membership people. But the
KW CoC is not very active at the moment - we need to see what happens at
the local KW AGM -16th Dec is the planned date. We will emphasize the
local FVC connection at our AGM and with the regional organizer. He is
on his own and working on something specific (forget what, just at the
moment). He doesn't have ER expertise.  We could talk about the call for
a National Citizens Assembly at our local meeting.

Let's see what happens.

Thanks Anita,

Mary